This marry me chicken comes together in just ten minutes! This simple yet restaurant-worthy dish will steal your heart and anyone’s heart you cook it for.
We adore simple yet elegant chicken recipes.
What is marry me chicken?
Table of Contents
Marry me chicken is an easy but delicious chicken recipe. It features chicken breast in a creamy sauce made with garlic, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.
While the idea that a delicious recipe can induce a marriage goes back to the 90s, marry me chicken became widely popular on Tiktok earlier this year.
Why this recipe will be a weekly staple:
- Simple ingredients. Besides the chicken, cream, and some pantry staple ingredients, there isn’t much else that goes into this dish.
- Less than 20 minutes. From prep to plate, this entire chicken recipe comes together in under 15 minutes.
- Naturally gluten-free and low carb. It’s perfect for those who are celiac or follow a lower-carb diet.
What we love about this recipe is just how perfect it turns out every single time. It’s deceptively easy to make and can be a simple weeknight dinner or something special for the weekend.
This recipe calls for very simple ingredients, including pantry staples. Here is what you’ll need:
- Chicken breast. Use four small or two large chicken breast fillets for this recipe.
- Flour. You will need to dredge the chicken in flour before frying it to get a nice golden crust.
- Butter. I prefer to cook with butter for this recipe as it adds a richer flavor to the dish.
- Heavy cream. For the creamy sauce that makes this dish pop. Avoid using light cream as it is a little too thin.
- Spinach. This ingredient is optional. I like to add baby spinach to the sauce to cut through the richness as well as make the dish look more appetizing with pops of green.
- Sun-dried tomatoes. The ingredient that makes this creamy chicken dish so special. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes as big or small as you want.
- Parmesan cheese. Always grate your parmesan cheese instead of using the pre-shredded kind.
- Garlic. Makes any chicken recipe taste better. If you are not a big fan of garlic in your food, use fewer cloves but don’t skip it.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
How to make marry me chicken
Besides prepping the chicken and the sauce, there isn’t very much hands-on time needed to make this dish.
Step 1- Season and cook the chicken
Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour.
Add butter to a large skillet and place it over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the chicken fillets to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes or until they are golden on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Step 2- Cook the sauce
Add the remaining butter to the hot pan along with the minced garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream. Bring the sauce to a simmer and add the baby spinach and grated parmesan cheese. Simmer the sauce until the cheese melts.
Bring back the chicken, cook for a couple of minutes, and serve immediately.
Tips to make the best recipe
- If your chicken breast pieces are uneven in terms of thickness, pound them so that they cook evenly.
- Make sure you don’t burn the minced garlic. Burning garlic is one of the few things you can do to make this dish taste bad. If your garlic burns, discard it and start over.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and bake the chicken breasts in the sauce for a few minutes. This will create a golden layer of melted parmesan cheese on the chicken breasts.
- Make the luscious creamy sauce mildly spicy by adding red pepper flakes to it.
To Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to five days.
To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled chicken in a shallow container and drizzle the sauce around it. Store it in the freezer for up to two months.
To reheat: Reheat in the microwave at 10-second intervals until the chicken is heated through. You can also reheat the chicken in a non-stick skillet.
More chicken recipes to try
Frequently asked questions
This dish pairs well with tons of dishes, including simple ones like buttered pasta and mashed potatoes. It also goes very well with vegetables.
When made with gluten-free flour, this recipe is suitable for celiacs.
With just 4 grams of net carbs per serving, this makes a fantastic low carb meal. Swap out the flour for almond flour to cut the carbs even further.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and flour.
In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter and place over medium heat. Once melted, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until golden on each side. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining butter and cook the garlic until fragrant. Add the sun dried tomatoes then reduce the heat to low. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
Add the spinach and parmesan cheese and continue to simmer until the parmesan cheese has melted.
Add the chicken back into the pan and serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Sodium: 548mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 2492IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 4g