Calibre is an e-book library manager. It can view, convert and catalog e-books in most of the major e-book formats. It can also talk to many e-book reader devices. It can go out to the Internet and fetch metadata for your books. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
Is Calibre an e-book reader?
No, Calibre is an e-book manager in which you can organize existing e-books into virtual libraries, displaying, editing, creating and converting e-books, as well as syncing e-books with a variety of e-readers.
Can I write an e-book with Calibre?
Yes. Calibre can turn your personal documents to e-books or create them from scratch. It has automatic style helpers and scripts generating the book’s structure.
Which devices does Calibre support?
Calibre is compatible with almost any e-reader, phone or tablet, as well as Windows, Mac and Linux devices. You can transfer your e-books from one device to another in seconds. Calibre will send the best file format for your device, converting it if needed, automatically.
What formats does Calibre support conversion to/from?
Calibre supports the conversion of many input formats to many output formats such as:
- Input Formats: AZW, AZW3, AZW4, CBZ, CBR, CB7, CBC, CHM, DJVU, DOCX, EPUB, FB2, FBZ, HTML, HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ
- Output Formats: AZW3, EPUB, DOCX, FB2, HTMLZ, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PMLZ, RB, PDF, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ, ZIP.
Can Calibre read RSS feeds?
Yes, Calibre can deliver news to your device from hundreds of news sources or any RSS feed.
Does Calibre offer cloud storage for my library?
Calibre doesn’t offer cloud storage, but it does integrate with most major cloud providers, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. This way, you can set up your eBook library in the cloud and access the content from your phone or tablet.
- Allow customizing the buttons available to the right of the search bar in the main calibre window via Preferences->Toolbars & menus->The buttons on the searchbar
- Book details panel: Allow adjusting the space used by the cover with a splitter. Closes tickets: 1994065
- Make splitter handles more visible in the calibre UI style
- When sending by email to kindle dont include the author in the filename as amazon is currently reading the author from the file metadata but not the title. Closes tickets: 1994136
- Book list: Fix incorrect rendering of yes/no icons when they are configured to have only two values. Closes tickets: 1993051
- Nook driver: Send books to the NOOK folder for the 2021 Nook model as well. Closes tickets: 1990730
- Improve performance in very large libraries of various UI operations such as right clicking, marking books, etc.
- Fix edit metadata dialog not remembering its position and improve how calibre restores window position and size on multi-monitor systems
- Conversion: Fix CSS styles applied to SVG elements being discarded
- EPUB Input: Fix empty adobe page number template file causing conversion to fail. Closes tickets: 1995551
- E-book viewer: Fix rendering of comments in metadata display when using a dark color scheme. Closes tickets: 1995214
- AZW3 Input: Fix svg images that use a prefix for the SVG namespace not being recognized. Closes tickets: 1994988
- Edit book: Fix double clicking in the see what changed dialog not opening the file in the editor since calibre 6.0
- Edit book: Fix modified indicator on images not working correctly when replacing the image
- Amazon metadata download: Adapt the plugin for website changes
New news sources
- Fifty Two by unkn0wn
- Bloomberg and Bloomberg Business Week by unkn0wn
Improved news sources
- Army and Navy Times